Friday, June 23, 2006

Circumnavigating Taiwan


I just got back from an unexpected trip all the way around Taiwan. I started in Hsinchu, where I live, and took a bus north to Taipei. From there I took a train to Hualien, where my girlfriend just finished college. Then together we rode scooter to Taidong, about 150 kilometers to the south. The next day, we rode the scooter to Kenting, which is the southernmost part of Taiwan. The day after that we rode to Tainan, which took about ten hours. After that we took a bus back to Hsinchu.

Here is a map of the route. The part marked in yellow was on a 125 cc scooter.


I have a lot more to write about this trip, and videos and pictures (some of which you can see if you click on the following link: photos of the trip around Taiwan). Right now, however, my butt still hurts too bad from riding that damned scooter to sit at my computer for more than a few minutes at a time. Also, half of the pictures and videos are on my girlfriend's camera, and I have to wait for her to send them to me before I can post them.

All in good time. Just stayed tuned to this channel and I'll have some stuff for you to see soon. In the meantime, you can see the videos I do have of the trip by going to my You Tube videos.

Post a Comment