Sunday, August 06, 2006

One of My Little Bastards

I was just going through a bunch of old mail and cards and stuff, and I came across one from a student I had last summer named Kevin. He was one of the worst behaved kids I've ever had to deal with, and to make matters worse, his mom put him in summer school both morning and night for two months. It was supposed to be a one month program, either morning OR evening, but I assume that he was such a terror that his mom put him in full time just to get him out of the house.

At the end of summer, he gave me a gift. It was a bag of those fancy Pepperidge Farm cookies, but he had obviously kicked and stomped the package all the way to school, as the cookies inside had been reduced to dust. Accompanying the cookie dust was a St. Patrick's Day card (dated August 25, 2005) with a note from Kevin himself (I wish I had a scanner so I post a picture of it as well):

Thank you Mike for teaching me so many English. from: Kevin


At least he acknowledged how many English I taught him.

Post a Comment