Saturday, September 30, 2006

Traditional Dances of Taiwan Aboriginal Group



I recently spent the weekend visiting the south of Taiwan where I had the pleasure of watching a group of kids perform some traditional Bainan (an aboriginal group in Taiwan) dances. Here is a link to the photos I took on the trip:

Pictures of my recent trip to Taidong.

Here is a video of the kids getting ready for their performance in the hall:


Here is a video of the kids on the way through the museum to the performance area:


Here is the first of the actual dances:


This is another dance:


And here is yet another dance in which some audience members participated, including my girlfriend (I respectfully declined):


There is a lot of information about the dances and tribe that I have not included. This is mostly due to the fact that at this time I don't know anything about it. I'm going to do some research and find out and add it to this post when I get the chance.

In the meantime, you can get a pretty good overview at good old Wikipedia.

Post a Comment