Saturday, October 28, 2006

Quick Update


It has been a while since I've written anything on this blog or otherwise, so I thought I'd toss out a quick update.

Right now I am attending National Chiao Tung University in Hsinchu, Taiwan. I'm in an International MBA program. So far it is going well other than a few adjustment problems I've had getting used to the Taiwan university system.

Here are the classes I'm taking:

* Marketing Management
* Mandarin
* Macroeconomics
* International Marketing
* Taiwan Folk Beliefs
* Entrepreneurship and Venture Capital

I have a lot of reading for each class, and I have exams and presentations to worry about. Basically it is the same as school always is.

On top of that I'm working at three part-time jobs. I work Monday through Friday at a kindergarten that is very close to my home. I only work an hour and a half each day, but I still take home a nice sum each month. I also work at a buxi ban, otherwise known as a cram school. I work there two days per week, and I only have the job so I can get an Alien Resident Certificate, which is basically a green card. My last job is on Saturday mornings. I teach writing to mostly junior high kids. That job pays my rent and most of my bills.

Things with my girlfriend are going well. She lives in a different city from me, so we don't see each other as often as we'd like.

Finally, I want to apologize for the brevity and the irrevelence of this entry. One of the main reasons I started this blog was because I wanted my friends and family to be able to know what I'm up to while I'm overseas. I know that not everything I put on this blog is interesting to the general public, but I hope it at least serves the purpose for which I started it.

Post a Comment