Friday, February 09, 2007

That Which Up I Am Giving

Well, that's a grammatically awkward title, if it I do myself say.

Anyway, today was my last day at kindergarten, and it was a little, itsy, bitsy, tiny bit sad. They actually threw me a surprise party and gave me some nice gifts, and I have to say that I was touched. I will miss a couple of the kids, and the teachers, too (even though in the year-and-a-half that I worked there I barely exchanged a dozen words with any of them due to the language barrier).

Here is a little video of playtime:


I'd also like to note that despite my previous posts that paint a negative picture of Taiwan's kids, parents, and education system, it really isn't that bad. I guess I'm just a malcontent, and I always try to pick apart the problems with things. I never mean to imply that things are any worse in Taiwan than they are elsewhere. It just happens that I am here, so this is the place that I take aim at (the place at which I take aim?).

Post a Comment