Monday, December 31, 2007

Resolutions for 2008

I just spent the last hour writing an entry describing the defining moments of my year. Then I deleted it. There really is only one thing that defined my year, and there is no point going into it. Those who know me already know about it, and those who don't know me wouldn't care.

Instead, I'm making my New Year's resolution:

There is one thing that I know I have to do in order to move on with my life, and to make life better not only for me, but for the other people in my life. I need to learn how to forgive. Until I forgive the people who hurt me, I will always have something eating away at me.

The problem with this resolution is that it is really hard to do. It is hard to forgive those who hurt you, even when they apologize and show remorse. To me it seems impossible to forgive someone who hurt you on purpose, and then showed no remorse at all, which is what happened to me.

I've heard that the right thing to do, and the hardest thing to do, are often the same thing. I'm going to try to do the right thing.

I'm also going to try to eat more pie. Not chocolate or cream-type pie, but fruit pie. I think I can do that, so even if I can't learn to forgive, I'll still be batting 500 on my resolutions.

Post a Comment