Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Some Chinese Phrases

I have to admit it: my mom sent me this. It is kind of stupid (which makes it funny, you pompous ass!), but at least it isn't offensive or racist.

That's not right . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Sum Ting Wong

Are you harboring a fugitive? . . . . . . . . . Hu Yu Hai Ding

See me ASAP . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Kum Hia Nao

Small horse . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Tai Ni Po Ni

Did you go to the beach? . . . . . . . . . . . Wai Yu So Tan

I think you need a facelift . . . . . . . . . . Chin Tu Fat

It's very dark in here . . . . . . . . . . . . .Wai So Dim

I thought you were on a diet . . . . . . . . . .Wai Yu Mun Ching

This is a tow away zone . . . . . . . . . . . . No Pah King

Our meeting is scheduled for next week . . . . .Wai Yu Kum Nao

Staying out of sight . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Lei Ying Lo

He's cleaning his automobile . . . . . . . . . .Wa Shing Ka

It took me a few minutes to actually get the joke. I'm used to not knowing what I'm hearing or reading, so I didn't even bother sounding out the "Chinese." I just thought my mom had gone insane and had started researching Chinese phrases for me.

I figured it out eventually, of course. I mean, I've been to college and everything..

Post a Comment