Monday, June 15, 2009

Number Songs for Little Kids

Yep. I'm still cleaning out the old EFL closet. These songs could actually be good for native English speaking kids as well.

I taught them to some really little Taiwanese kids (3-5 years old), and they loved them--though I doubt they really understood what they were singing.

It helps if you use them in conjunction with flash cards or something visual.

I stole them from a book, so sue me.


One
Sung to: "Mary had a little lamb"

Number one is o-n-e, o-n-e, o-n-e
Number one is o-n-e
And that spells number one

Two
Sung to: "Mary had a little lamb"

Number two is t-w-o, t-w-o, t-w-o
Number two is t-w-o
And that spells number two

Three
Sung to: "Skip To My Lou"

T-h-r-e-e
T-h-r-e-e
T-h-r-e-e
That spells number three

Four
Sung to: "Skip To My Lou"

F-o-u-r
F-o-u-r
F-o-u-r
That spells number four

Five
Sung to: "Skip To My Lou"

F-i-v-e
F-i-v-e
F-i-v-e
That spells number five

Six
Sung to: "Jingle Bells"

S-i-x
S-i-x
That spells number six
Insects all have six legs
One, two, three, four, five, six

Seven
Sung to: "Farmer In The Dell"

S-e-v-e-n
S-e-v-e-n
S-e-v-e-n
That spells number seven

Eight
Sung to: "Farmer In The Dell"

E-i-g-h-t
E-i-g-h-t
E-i-g-h-t
And that spells number eight

Nine
Sung to: "Skip To My Lou"

N-i-n-e
N-i-n-e
N-i-n-e
And That spells number nine

Ten
Sung to: "Mary had a little lamb"

Number ten is t-e-n
T-e-n, T-e-n
Number ten is t-e-n that spells number ten

Eleven
Sung to: "Row, Row, Row your boat"

E-l-e-v-e-n
Eleven is after ten
All you do is go straight down
And do it once again

Twelve
Sung to: "Ten little Indian"

T-w-e-l-v-e
T-w-e-l-v-e
T-w-e-l-v-e
Twelve eggs make a dozen

Post a Comment